3. Gandhiji Prem Nivas:
Ganghiji Prem Nivas Leprosy Centre at Titagarh was started by Mother Teresa in 1958 as a mobile clinic under a tree for an existing community of people with leprosy. On October 1960 the Titagarh Municipality leased a piece of land to establish a permanent centre. The rehabilitation work envisaged by the sisters and brothers of Missionaries of Charity, had taken into account the physical, mental, financial and spiritual alienation of leprosy patients, severely disabled and deformed, with a destiny to help them to found human dignity, self respect and a, sense of personal response. In its outdoor clinic the paramedical-trained brothers counsel and treat leprosy patients by modern drugs prescribed by WHO. The indoor section of the centre has a free operation theater and 200 beds where the patients care each other by nursing themselves. The centre also provides artificial limbs to the amputated patients with the help of NIOH. Rehabilitation in the form of vocational training, education for the children and living arrangements have been provided by the centre.